Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stage One, Complete!

It's hard to believe that summer is already coming to a close. The season is never long enough for me and it really doesn't help I live in a cooler region. So as I sit here and shiver just thinking about the winter to come, I bring good news. I finally finished drawing the soon to be Blue Jay Dragon!



I am pretty sure I'm OK with how it looks to go ahead and move on to coloring, that or I'm just fed up with it ;). I always have a hard time with hands and feet and of course there wasn't an exception here. I changed the head and removed the horns as that didn't seem right to me for something that was going to mimic a bird. So I just gave it a hard plating on its head that is shaped slightly like the crest on a blue jay. The branch is dead, or it's winter, I haven't decided that yet but I'm not comfortable enough yet to try foliage.

In the spirit of dragon drawing, I thought I would share another WIP I have laying around.



This was inspired by a game I was playing that is all dragon. In the game there are four different types; Earth, Wind, Fire, and Ice, and the dragons are customizable. Unfortunately I didn't get this idea till seventy-five percent through the game but I decided to take each element and draw the heads. Each one has three different head types, this one is the Earth Dragon heads. I want to give the pieces a look like something a researcher would draw in a journal. I'm happy with how these came out except maybe the bottom one, looks a little deformed.

The only thing about this little 'project' though is that I have to go back and restart the game to go through the levels I already finished since you can't revisit them later. So this is going to take me a long time to complete. I think it will just be an in between thing so when I get frustrated with another drawing, I have an excuse to play video games to get art done :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)