Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Horse Finished



I didn't think I would finish it so quickly. I couldn't sleep yesterday so I sorta attacked it and wouldn't stop till it was done. Not sure if I'm completely happy with it, I know it's too run together and the mane is flat. I have a hard time with hair and making it look like it's not just laying there. (Or that it looks like hair period) Still need to clean the scan up, I hate when white spots show through like that and i want to get prints of this one to see how they turn out. If I like them maybe I'll start an Etsy and try to sell them.

The one thing I did differently this time was, instead of using black, I blended dark purple and indigo blue together for the eye and nostrils. When I was in art class in eleventh grade, the teacher took all the blacks away. I was so mad I refused to draw anything that would "need" black. Now I see that I don't really need it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)