Saturday, October 22, 2011

Exploring New Avenues

Several months ago I noticed people drawing these crazy mash of patterns and thought they looked really neat. I let it go for awhile and then I was seeing it more and more. Then I stumbled on to this site; zentangles. (Click it!)
Once I saw the break down and that it was very easy, I had to make my own of course! So flipping through the patterns they have available, I made my first zentangle.


I made the mistake of using a mechanical pencil and the smudges are the horrible erase job. It was fun and just as relaxing as they promised it would be. I'm thinking maybe this can be something I do when I hit the "I don't want to do anything" block.

3 comments:

  1. Funny they have a name for those now. When I was in college I used to do things like this in the margins of my notes to keep me awake during the lectures...LOL.


    Nice Zentangle!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. no matter what name they give them, its still doodling :p great things to do to relax and try to break an art block tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do remind me a lot of my 'abstract' stuff. But it is interesting to see that there are a lot of designs on fabrics and furniture that can be used to make an awesome doddle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)