Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas is Coming...

This year I thought it would be nice to get a Black Labrador ornament for the Christmas Tree. I was exasperated when I found how difficult this quest was. What I kept finding over and over were Yellow Labs. Really? I can count on one hand how many Yellow Labs I have seen. Also, aren't black labs the most know face for Labradors?
Frustrated I kept looking, I even looked online but I wasn't happy with what I was finding. So I took matters into my own hands when I stumbled upon this ornament. (Which still isn't a black lab!)

Seen here having an identity crisis is a brown lab I'm painting black. (Didn't think to take a picture till after I started.) I might change the scarf color too, not sure yet.

I swear it was destiny I found this ornament. It had been sitting were the 'white' ornaments were, probably set down by someone who changed their mind. I tried looking to see if I could find more (in hopes for a black) but I couldn't find anything that it would have been with. No other dog ornaments, no cats, NOTHING. I guess it can go with the saying 'never look a gift horse in the mouth', now I have a Labrador ornament AND I'm painting. I forgot how fun it was to paint objects :)


Oh no!

4 comments:

  1. ebay has all kinds :) but painting one does make it more personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did look around on ebay and amazon, but I either wasn't happy with what I saw or wasn't willing to pay the price. In the end I told myself that waiting for it to get here might take to long too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job...and now it is your own UNIQUE ornament...☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)