Monday, January 27, 2014

Play Time, What a Fun Time

I found this ink in the stuff my Dad had brought with him that had been my Nana's. So for a few months now I have been thinking about using it but the opportunity didn't really present it's self. I got antsy about wanting to use mineral spirits with the bruynzeel pencils but didn't want to work on something in-depth.
After the usual over thinking I do, I just said what the hell and slapped some color on paper and called it a day. Buuut...I have to do something with that don't I?! LIGHT BULB; the ink! Though nothing interesting was produced, I did finally get to play with it all.

I have a very unsteady hand with a brush, which is why I avoid as much as possible. It was nice seeing how the ink applied and I like the way just one lay down looks, I just might play with it more later. I feel kind of bad for using it though, as later I found out this ink is from the 1970's! My Nana only paid $0.90 for it, and now a day it's almost $10!

Now on to more 'serious' things :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)