Thursday, May 14, 2015

Amaryllis

For Christmas I got my Dad two Amaryllis growing kits; one red and one pink. The red one shot up like a champ with it's stalk and all and the pink one still has no stalk, just leaves. I'm starting to wonder if it is a dud.
When my Nana was alive she loved giving everyone Amaryllis plants for Christmas. They are a pretty hardy plant and will multiple like crazy if you let them but she loved them and always shared that with us. I am hoping if we decide to transplant them to the ground, they can survive the bitter winters here because I know if they do then we will have a bunch of them in a few years. I think if my Nana wanted something that reminded us of her, she would have definitely wanted it to be these flowers :)

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous rec :D

    I remember trying to grow these as a science project, most of them died tho I have a black thumb instead of a green one :p

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)