Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dream Of Me

"It was to be an exciting day at the animal park, hundreds of animals there waiting to be seen. I rushed in through the front gate and made straight for the first glass wall I could see. Inside a sting ray and little sharks delighted my eyes as little silver fish darted about their ways. Moving on there were more fish of different shapes and colors then anyone could imagine.
Next it was to be the large birds in their larger cages. I came to a red tail hawk who shied away from me when I approached, causing some disappointment to sink in. So I went to the eagle, and he did the same! Onward and the chinchillas, rabbits, bears, so many others and the snakes! How can a snake know to shy away from me? Crushed, I slowly moved on, thinking that I was cursed as none of the animals wanted to be near me.
But what is next, ah the giraffe, will she see me? So over I went, and over to me she came like finding her long lost friend at last. Delighted, I opened the giraffe's gate and let myself in to hug her and let her know that together we could be. She laid down and I sat against her, hand running along her black spotted coat till it was the end of the day..."



"Dream Of Me"
6 in x 6 in
Colored Pencil and Water Color
on Bristol vellum

I am so happy with how this came out. I know it's not perfect, it can't be because I'm still learning, but I love it! This one is definitely going on the wall once I find a frame for it.
I already have an idea worked out in my head of what I want to do next, just need to find good reference pics. Hint? I'll tell you that antlers will be there.

I feel bad it took so long to get this finished. I had strained my wrist at work and some simple movements were more then I could bare. But it's all better and this is done so yay yay yay!

2 comments:

  1. turned out great :D it does have a very dreamlike feel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen! I haven't been this happy about a drawing in a long time ^_^

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)