Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sometimes, Things Don't Work Out

Well, I definitely didn't make the deadline because this is as far as I have gotten. The colors are brighter then that, just didn't care I had poor lighting when I took the picture. I started out steadily working on this everyday, and then I got my second job and that picked up drastically. So the last two weeks before, I had almost no time to work on it. This week is just has work heavy and I believe the rest of the year is going to be this busy. I know I am going to want to finish this, but right now it feels like more of a demand then something enjoyable and so I am just letting it sit till things are less crazy.

My Lobelia 'Crystal Palace' had finally came up, which at first I thought they were weeds till I let them flower.


They are a really vibrant purple that almost makes them look 3D and the camera just wouldn't pick that up. The hubby likes them and wants to landscape them into the front yard next year.

I took a trip to the park a few weeks ago and saw this butterfly and these orange flowers.


I don't know what kind of flowers those are but they were very pretty and it seemed the bees liked them just as much.

We went to the Animal Park for my birthday this past weekend, I'll post that later. I'm super excited about one of the pictures because it is going to make an amazing reference photo in the future!
Time for bed, have to finish my full work week and all that :/

6 comments:

  1. there is always another contest to try to get done on time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't worried about the whole contest aspect, just thought that I could have definitely got it done in a months time annnd that didn't happen. Now the busy part of the year is coming up and it is going to get cold soon; just have a lot that's going to start working against me on this and I'm like "Noooooo let me finish these!" :D

      Delete
    2. could always finish it tho when you do get some spare time from work

      Delete
    3. That is the hope, it is weird hoping for more hours at work and also hoping there aren't so many hours so I can work on art :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos....the orange flower is called "Butterfly Weed". It is a type of milkweed which attracts butterflies and hummingbirds. Isn't the brilliant orange extraordinary?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)