Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Had a Vacation

I came back from vacation last weekend and spent the past week being sick and catching back up on life. I had went to Texas to visit my Dad and of course while I was down there I went to the one place I can never get enough of, the Zoo! I had taken a lot of pictures (130 of them) and picked out a few to share about my zoo adventure. It will be broken up in three posts over the weekend to spare you. :P

On a quick side note, went to Galveston Island the day before the zoo trip and didn't think to take pictures the entire time until right before we left and I saw these flowers. Way to go, right?



Our first animal at the zoo was this lovely Kimono Dragon. They are huge.



After the giant lizard, I had to go straight to the elephants. Houston has Asian Elephants, and this mother was trying to hide her 'tiny' baby. As you can see I had to peek through the bushes to see this adorable wonder.



There were a lot of birds at the zoo. This unlabeled swan was one of them.



Another large animal in the wild kingdom, the Rhinoceros.



There was a long pool almost in the center of the zoo. In the middle of the pool was this awesome statue of a lioness after her prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)