Sunday, June 26, 2011

In A Knot

I am forever wanting to try new crafts whether it be beading or paper. I have to watch myself though because I will get in a habit of buy things for a project later, but never getting to that project or only having half the things I need. I now forbid myself to buy any more beads or string as I have a bunch of each and some of them not even open.
I randomly remembered this past week that I had hemp cord and had tried making necklaces with it but the beads I had gotten, the holes were to small. So I tried again this morning with different beads.



It came out really lopsided and to short. The knotting is right at least and even through out. Just have to work on the different lengths of the cords. It takes very long pieces to get a decent size necklace out of it , but so long as I don't repeat the sequence in my head I'm alright. Over, under, over, under, over....knot!

1 comment:

  1. making necklaces with macramé knots is a lot of fun :) so many different knots to tie. i usually make the length of the strings about 2-3 lengths of my arm each when doing that knot there, and its more than enough for a necklace. easier to cut off the extra than having to start again because its too short :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)