Monday, June 24, 2013

Prism's Dance


"Prism's Dance"
6 in. x 6 in.
Colored Pencil and Watercolor on Bristol

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Though I am happy I did it, I was afraid I would give up on it. The new 4H pencil I had gotten was so hard, that I didn't realize it had dug into the paper. Every time I had to try to color into a groove I wanted to give in cause I was just waiting for it to look worse. At least I got the urge to do something rainbow-y out of my system.

Time to move on to the next one! I'm thinking cat..

8 comments:

  1. 4H is way too hard to draw line art for colouring, HB or softer is the way to go.

    nice colours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole set of pencils I had gotten were all hard, guess that is what I get for cheap junk :/ So I went and got new ones, they are much better :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The hard ones are Daler Rowney, it was a pack of 12 that ran 4h-8b and all but the last three B's were hard. Now I have some Prisma Color 4H that is 'hard' but not indenting the paper.

      Delete
  3. Daler Rowney is not a bad brand, must have just been bad pencils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had assumed that since they were from England they would be decent :D So it is very possible they were a bad batch. I had even tried breaking off the point and resharpening it. They have this wicked jaggedness to them. Oh well.

      Delete
    2. not everything from england is decent, there is some crap art supplies :p

      sounds more like they were mislabelled then anything else

      Delete
    3. Of course, just they usually don't bother importing things in from there unless there is something decent about it. Kind of like when we get chocolate from Germany, mmm chocolate...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)