Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Furry Friends Finished

Haha! I have conquered the back stitching! I even learned how to do a proper french knot! Now I better not see anymore of this for the rest of the year :D

You know, I had wanted to do several things today, but I got derailed, by thread. Wal-mart had these large kits on clearance for a third of their original price. So I grab the two left thinking hell yes that is a lot of fabric and thread I can salvage and just toss the stupid pattern. This is what the package looks like before you open it:

Okay, no big deal, the thread looks jumbled but maybe they are separated by a thread card in there somewhere.

Nope.

It really was a giant rolled up, tangled wad of thread. It took me three freaking hours to separate the colors and then looking at them and the list for the chart I had no idea who was what color because some of them were to close together. Honestly, I hope no one picked one of these kits up who was a beginner and totally lost interest in the craft because of this crap. That would make me really sad because it wouldn't have been hard for the makers of the kit to organize the thread before cramming it in the package.

So after dinner maybe I can at least start on a new project, just have to decide which wants my attention more; drawing or another cross stitch :)

2 comments:

  1. beginners would have probably given up on the project after seeing that giant knot of knotted thread :/

    and yay for conquering back stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably, shoot I wanted to throw it down but I was determined to go through it. To think I have another one, but I'm not touching it for awhile!

      *throws confetti*

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)