Thursday, July 26, 2012

Down The Trail

Even though there is a lot of humanly intruding on nature more and more these days, we have thankfully set aside places that it can still exist. The trails there run through a few parks, connecting them together if you were to walk all twelve miles of the trail. Seabrook Texas is a bird sanctuary with a pelican release program that, when they get an injured pelican and go to put them back in the wild, this is where they do it. These are just a few things I saw my first day I went down the trail and only went half a mile one way.
Of course with LOTS of rain comes my favorite photo shoot pieces...the mushrooms!
There was a little hill off the path that at the top, someone had laid corn down for the animals to come snack on. Never seen these two animals together before...
After I turned around and was coming back down, I thought I would be clever and sneak up the hill to see if the little critters and birds came back. I got something much more this time around..
I swear we both stood there for a good minute or three just staring at each other without moving. Then I realized I should try to bring the camera up for a shot, she was only about ten, fifteen feet away from me and it was literally breath taking!

1 comment:

  1. she looks a little starled to see you lol at least you got some pics of her :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)