Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mini Side Craft

I don't know if any other book lovers will agree with me on this, but you can't have too many bookmarks it seems. For me there is always an image or a quote that really catches me and I just have to have it. So a few days ago when I got this bookmark shaped inset in the mail, I just had to spruce it up!
Not only are there TWO beautiful tigers on it, the quote on the back, to me, says it all. I brought out my trusty lamination machine and laminated it so it would have that extra thickness, and last longer. Sanded the corners smooth after trimming it and punched a hole in it for the tassel. I LOVE making tassels and this is only the third tassel I have every made. There are several good directions out there for making tassels, I used this one: here ; for the most part.
Of course I have a different assortment of beads and threw a few on there as well, I didn't have a tiger shaped bead so I settled for the rhino. It was that or a giraffe, :D

I would love to make lots of bookmarks, but with everyone going digital (and yes I own a Nook, so I'm guilty as well), I don't know if it's worth trying to sell them.

Lastly, an update on the buck:

I can't decide on the eye...do I want to color it dark blue or your basic normal brown? Decisions, decisions...

5 comments:

  1. i would leave the eye, but i like creepy looking things :p

    i have bookmarks all over, can never have too many :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look creepy as is, and cool looking. Buuut it would drive me crazy, thinking it wasn't finished so I -have- to color it.

      Delete
  2. Maybe go with the blue? That would be interesting, I think. I agree...you can't have too many book marks, and the one you made looks amazing. I have books all over the place...book marks, too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking blue too, and so it is decided!
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels with lots of books comes lots of bookmarks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stick with the color that is there for the eye.. Just make it solid and glassy. I think that would look interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)