Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Right In The Backyard

I didn't really go anywhere while I was in Texas, between the rain and extreme temperatures it made it hard to want to. That didn't mean I lacked things to take pictures of, there was all kinds of things right there under the nose.
There were a few things just right there in the backyard..
Like the snail hanging out on the underside of this Iris.
The bay is right down the road from where I was staying and of course it has some flowers too.
Here is a lesson for the day, when I was taking pictures down at the bay I wasn't paying attention to where I was standing. After I took this next picture, I learned very quickly to mind my footing as I discovered I was standing in a fire ant bed.
Since I was at the bay, which is salt water, I hurriedly got my shoes and socks off and ran straight into the water. Figured I might as well take pictures while I was standing there too.
I'm sure if someone was standing on my home, I would do what I could to get them off, but please be careful when you go out, and mind those that were there before you :)

3 comments:

  1. that is a gorgeous iris!

    and ouch!! for a second i thought you were going to say you were stuck in quicksand o.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it!? When I first saw it I was peppering my dad with questions but he had no idea what it was, I had to look it up when I got home.

      Thank you Jen, I laughed really hard when I read that! Quicksand, hehe.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and never hesitate to leave a line :)